At Mumbler, we are passionate about podcasts, podcasters, and on tools for podcasters. o recursos que nos puedan facilitar la vida.
In this article, you will find the tools and resources available to us for to produce a podcast, editing, publishing, and promoting our podcasts.
It is the result of collaboration among many podcasters who participated in a survey we conducted on Tribucasters (the podcast for podcasters).
The idea is for this to be a directory of resources that continues to expand and covers all the needs that podcasters have, organized by categories. necesidades que tenemos los podcasters, ordenados por categorías.
Let's get started!
Tools for podcasters
Let's start with music and effects, a topic that often gives us a headache. Here are the best tools for podcasters.
Royalty-free and free music and effects for podcasts
In this case, it's about effects and music available for free.
- BBC Audio Library: https://sound-effects.bbcrewind.co.uk/
- StreamBeats https://www.streambeats.com/
- Movie Sounds (movie clips) https://movie-sounds.org/
- Freesound: Freesound.org
Paid music and sound effects for podcasts
These are paid resources with the advantages that come with it: it's generally more challenging to find the same music or effects in other podcasts because fewer podcasters are paying.
- Envato Elements https://elements.envato.com/es-419/
- Audiojungle https://audiojungle.net/
- Cinematic resources (free at the time of writing): https://www.ghosthack.de/free_sample_packs/coriolis-effect/
A todos nos encantan los audiogramas, en esta sección encontrarás las herramientas más variadas. Todoas se parecen pero con matices, así que testea hasta encontrar la herramienta que mejor se adapte a tus necesidades o gustos (que todos somos un poco maniáticos con estos temas) .
- Free photo and video resources for creating mini-videos for your podcast: Pexels
- Same Pixabay
- Milk Video
Audio editing and enhancement
This is the core of this article; in this section, you'll find tools and resources related to audio—the holy grail of our podcasts.
- Auphonic (allows automation of episode assembly): https://auphonic.com/
- Auphonic Leveler (audio normalizer that improves your recordings): https://auphonic.com/leveler
- Hindenburg (one of the best programs for podcast and audio editing): https://hindenburg.com/
- Studio One: https://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-One
- Descript: transcription and collaborative editing tool.
- Krispeliminates echo and background noise.
- Cleanvoice: Removes "Eeeehhh," "Ummmm" from your audio 😉
- This Adobe marvel uses AI to transform any audio into studio-quality."
For hosting your podcasts, you have various options: paid and free.
- Anchor: free with automatic distribution.
- Ivoox: free with manual distribution.
- Spreaker: paid with automatic distribution.
- Transistor: paid with automatic distribution, specializing in business podcasts. They offer the option of having private podcasts for your company's employees.
- Mumbler: free with manual distribution of the public feed. Specializing in subscription podcasts.
The covers of our podcasts and episodes are becoming increasingly important. In podcast players, we are constantly competing with other podcasts, and your cover needs to look professional and grab attention. With these tools, it will be easier for you to stand out.
- Onlypod: Test your podcast cover on different players.
- Canva: for creating your covers
- Free Illustrations: https://www.pixeltrue.com/free-illustrations
Here, we recommend this tool that will be very useful for testing the RSS feed of your podcast. It's like Lighthouse for your website. Warning: it's a bit technical but very useful.
- Podbase: RSS feed validator
The great challenge for many podcasts. We love producing podcasts, but we don't like selling ourselves. To help you with marketing, you have these tools.
- PodlistPro: a page to promote your subscription podcast. You can add your podcast, and users can vote. The most voted podcasts are at the top of the page.
- Podchaser: Podcast directory.
This is a miscellaneous section with various tools that we couldn't group into other categories, but be aware that there are also very useful tools for podcasters here.
- Rephonic is a tool to discover other podcasts that share listeners with your podcast.
- Podstatus (https://podstatus.com/analyzes your rankings on Apple Podcasts and iVoox, as well as reviews on Apple Podcasts and Podchaser.
- Webicasterfind guests for your podcast.
- Chartable: podcast analytics https://chartable.com/
- Telegram for communities.
- La Tostadora for merchandise.
- Mundo Alfombra where you can buy carpets to improve sound.
- Forecast to insert chapters into MP3: https://overcast.fm/forecast
- Safecreative to register your podcast https://www.safecreative.org/
For monetizing your podcast, there's nothing better than creating your own premium podcast. Hundreds of podcasters worldwide are monetizing their audiences with a paid podcast.
If you want, now you can with Mumbler : the easiest way to launch your own subscription podcast..
That concludes this list of on tools for podcasters. tools and other useful resources for producing, editing, and marketing our podcasts.
Please, if you know of any other interesting tools, mention them in the comments, and we'll add them to the list.